THIS ROLE IS ON HOLD DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC, HOWEVER, WE WOULD LOVE TO RECEIVE YOUR CV'S IN PREPARATION FOR WHEN SOCIAL DISTANCING IS OVER.
About This Position
Our Clients are seeking a Placemaking Consultant to join their growing team to play a hands-on role across all aspects of a wide range of projects. The right person for the role will have experience in planning, developing and implementing place making programmes across greenfield, urban renewal, regional and commercial projects.
Priorities for this role include place planning, vision development, stakeholder and community engagement, community capacity building and development, strategy writing, developing and implementing new concepts and ideas, delivering activation programmes 'on the ground,' general workflow planning, client service and management.
The purpose of this role is to independently manage projects, add value to strategic company goals, undertake research, assist in product development and mentor graduates and junior team members. In addition, this role requires demonstration of successful project and client management, resulting in repeat business and referrals for new business.
Role Specific Tasks
- Planning, developing and implementing place making strategies for clients
- Considering marketing and brand positioning, activation and management, governance and commercial requirements
- Undertaking urban audits and vibrancy assessments to inform place making strategies
- Undertaking community profiling, benchmarking and forecasting
- Developing evaluation frameworks, KPI's and other measurement/satisfaction tools
- Writing strategies and managing layout and production either in-house or with contracted providers
- Planning and supporting the delivery place activation programmes including community based initiatives
- Developing and delivering stakeholder and community engagement plans for clients
- Developing and fostering relationships with industry, community and government for the scoping and delivery of strategies and plans
- Business development/marketing based activities in the role of Consultant/Senior Consultant
- Directing the visual communication of planning, urban design and place analysis and development plans and associated graphics.
- Actively look for opportunities to apply new thinking, trends, frameworks, best practice work and technologies to the day-to-day work.
- Taking carriage of and preparing tender responses (with input from senior staff)
- Managing junior planning and urban design staff, mentoring and supporting the development of their skills and careers.
Essential Position Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in Urban and Regional Planning or allied development industry profession.
- 3+ years of experience in the planning field or experience working in a similar role.
- Experience managing complex tasks and projects.
- Experience managing people (staff, clients, consultants, stakeholders).
- Experience preparing complex project briefs and programs.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and apply abstract thinking.
- Ability to work across different groups and disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to present (including public speaking) complex strategies and material in a simple and engaging way.
- Strong client liaison and management based skills.
Desirable Position Requirements
- Place Planning or implementation experience
- Consultancy experience.
Our Clients offer a work place where people's ideas are truly valued and innovation is important. They value a balance between their work lives as well as their personal time.
In the first instance, please send your C.V. in the STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE in a word.doc format to Julie Della, Managing Director at People In Property Recruitment Group (WA) Pty Ltd via email to email@example.com or simply click the "Apply Online" button and your C.V. will be confidentially sent to the above email address.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants will be acknowledged.
“We Speak Your Language”