About This Position
A unique opportunity to work direct with an Owner/Developer. Our client is a small, close knit team of property professionals.
Our client is seeking to appoint a Commercial Trust Accountant to manage efficiently the operation of the commercial management of the portfolio and enable the Managing Director to attend to other elements of the business to promote growth and foster new relationships.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assist Managing Director with drafting of correspondence to tenants and contractors.
- Maintain tenant enquiry list with details of prospective tenants.
- Renegotiating supply contracts and utility providers
- Renegotiating service contracts with various contractors regarding maintenance of properties.
- Liaise with prospective tenants regarding vacant/to be vacant properties.
- Instruct Landlord’s solicitor to draft new/revised leases, deeds of variation and reviewing and approving drafts.
- Liaising with owners, tenants and creditors on the day to day operation of the properties managed.
- Conflict resolution and liaison with Centre Managers to ensure smooth operation.
- Responding to tenant/contractor advice regarding repairs and maintenance.
- Instruct contractors to provide their services to resolve repairs and maintenance.
- Liaise with bank regarding transaction upload software and maintaining user and administration details.
- Timely payment of net rental to landlords.
- Interpretation of documentation and implementation with trust account system (Rest).
- Supervise reconciliation of Trust Account.
- Review lease expiries and negotiating new/extended leases with tenants.
- Review rent reviews and advising tenants of changes.
- Provide technical assistance to operator of the Trust Account Software when issues arise, and check individual cards to ensure correct accounting practices within the software.
- Provide excel spreadsheets for variable outgoings for all managements.
- Correspond with tenants.
- Preparation of accounts for the Audit of each management by an external party.
- Liaise with Auditors.
- Reconciliation then remittance of GST surplus in Variable Outgoing accounts to landlords.
- Review Variable Outgoings.
- Manage Tenancy Schedules for all properties.
- Minimum of 3-5 years managing a Commercial Property Trust Account to EOM (Rest)
- A Degree or Diploma in Accounting would be highly desirable
- Current Property or Sales Registration Certificate (highly desirable)
A very, very competitive salary will be offered to chosen candidate of up to $120k+ super.
A full job description will be offered at interview.
In the first instance, please send your C.V. in the STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE in a word.doc format to Julie Della, Managing Director via email Julie@peopleinproperty.com.au. PLEASE NOTE: All applicants will be acknowledged.
“We Speak Your Language”