About This Position
Reporting to the National Accountant, this role is based in the CBD.
The position has responsibility for the effective day-to-day operations and work flow of the finance and administration team in addition to accurate and timely reporting on branch performance. The position is charged with ensuring that appropriate financial practices and procedures are applied to transactions across the branch and for providing support to the General Manager – WA and other stakeholders on financial matters concerning the branch.
- Compilation of Monthly Financial Statements including the formulation and reconciliation of supporting documentation
- Preparation of Annual Budget reviews – monitor actual result against budget commitments
- Preparation of Monthly and Yearly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Ensure all month end procedures, including adjusting journals and general ledger reconciliations are undertaken accurately and on time
- Authorise and code internal documents (ie cheque requisitions, credit notes and creditor invoices)
- Ensure compliance to all financial statutory and legislative requirements for the organization and conduct all activities within the highest level of ethical standards.
- Develop strong working relationships with other members of the WA team and key functional managers.
- Provide sound direction and counsel.
- Participate (where required) in the review of individual performance for each team member.
- Provide support as needed to department and branch managers in clarification of revenue and expense matters.
- Ensure high standards of ethical and moral conduct are maintained in financial and general business practice.
- Monitor work flows to ensure high levels of productivity and adjust workload imbalances to share resources effectively.
- Provide or facilitate training as required.
- Produce and participate in the end of month timetable.
- Manage payroll function, ensuring that appropriate taxation, payroll and superannuation practices are communicated, understood and adhered to by payroll personnel.
- Provide day to day leadership and direction on all ‘back office’ functions to accounts, payroll and clerical staff.
- Create positive working relationships with other team members in the branch ensuring optimal revenue and expense goals are achieved.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Reports to external customers
- Preparation of Monthly Internal Management Reports
- Review historical data and provide analysis on performance.
- Ensure that the General Manager – WA is equipped with appropriate information to be able to report and make decisions on the performance of the division.
- Conduct regular reviews on revenue generation, cost control and general expenditure issues.
- Ensure compliance with our Clients corporate policy and Legislative requirements in all areas of financial and administrative systems, procedures and reporting.
- Production and distribution of forecasts and budgets.
- Confirm the accuracy of reported financial results.
- Administer the preparation and prompt dispatch of creditor invoices for payment
- Ensure tax invoice complies with ATO requirements
- Provide advice and input on the quality and value of current reporting and processing systems.
- Provide advice and input on process improvement or profit maximization opportunities to achieve greater efficiency with the National Accounting team.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time as required by the National Accountant or General Manager
To be considered for this role, applicants MUST hold the appropriate degree in accounting with at least 3+ years experience in Australia in a senior accounting position .
The position is based in St Georges Terrace and our Client is a well recognised brand. The salary on offer is circa $80k+ super plus free parking.
In the first instance, please send your C.V. in the STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE in a word.doc format to Julie Della, Managing Director via email. PLEASE NOTE: All applicants will be acknowledged.
“We Speak Your Language”