THIS ROLE IS ON HOLD DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC, HOWEVER, WE WOULD LOVE TO RECEIVE YOUR CV'S IN PREPARATION FOR WHEN SOCIAL DISTANCING IS OVER.
About This Position
This is an exciting, permanent full time opportunity which has opened up within our Clients growing team. We are seeking to appoint a motivated estimator with multidisciplinary experience. Located centrally in Perth. Our client is a specialised building company, tackling a variety of projects from boutique homes to bespoke commercial projects.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years' experience within a similar role in a building company as well as possess the following skills and attributes:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of computer competency
- Ability to negotiate professionally and positively
- Ability to read, measure and estimate architectural, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical and structural plans
- Capable of working under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Results driven
- Excellent organisational skills allowing you to prioritise and manage several projects at one time.
- Ability to utilise digital document management software
- A solid grasp on Microsoft Office programs such as excel, word, outlook, etc
- Experience working with BEAMS an advantage but not essential
- Willingness to work closely with the project and administration teams.
Your Role Within the Team
Working independently in the preparation of detailed, accurate and timely estimates for our diverse range of projects
- Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- Produce labour and material schedules
- Measurement and pricing of projects
- Review and comparison of tenders
- Compilation of tender documents
- Site visits when necessary
- Liaising with sub-contractors and suppliers to secure optimal rates
- Scheduling projects ready for build
- Assist with take-offs, variations, purchase orders and BOQs
- General administrational tasks such as answering phones, greeting guests, etc.
- Other general tasks as required by management team
What you will gain by collaborating with our Clients innovative team:
- Ongoing support and training
- An exciting and flexible role which will allow you to work on a wide array of specialty projects
- A central office location close to public transport
- Opportunity for career progression as the company grows
- Be a part of a company with a great work culture and friendly environment
Our Client will offer a base salary of $65kto $90k + super depending on your experience.
In the first instance, please send your C.V. in the STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE in a word.doc format to Julie Della, Managing Director via email Julie@peopleinproperty.com.au. PLEASE NOTE: All applicants will be acknowledged.
“We Speak Your Language”