About This Position
Our client is seeking to appoint a Department Manager to join their team in the far north-west of Western Australia. Our client manages around 320 residential properties and has a commercial property department of around 40 properties which is overseen and managed by the Principal directly.
We envisage the role will be a Senior Property Manager - Head of Department supporting and overseeing the entire portfolio of about 300 residential properties and all Property Management Staff including:
- 2 Junior Property Mangers (potentially to grow to 3 Property Mangers).
- 1 remote onshore Senior PM (with 15 years’ experience in our Client’s business).
- 1 remote offshore Virtual Assistant (Property Management Administration support).
- Reception/Client support.
Our Client’s current staff including a PCR Specialist and part-time Trust Accountant (who is the former General Manager) are retiring which is where the need arises for this new role.
The person will report directly to Licensee and have the following duties:
- Be a hands-on Senior Property Manager offering high quality service to clients and oversee whole Department.
- Liaise with senior Management on strategic planning with the Property Management (Property Management roles/structure etc).
- Development and implementation (refresh) of Best Practice Systems and Procedures.
- Overall Quality and Compliance monitoring within the Property Management Department.
- Training, mentoring & support of junior Property Management staff and future employees.
In more detail the job description will include:
- Responsible for the ongoing training of Property Managers and support staff and creating and implementing Best Practice Procedures, Checklists, and correspondence for use by the Property Management Department.
- Conducting weekly Property Management meetings.
- Audit checks of all new management, leasing and vacate files to check all procedures are being followed and documentation is completed correctly and on file.
- Monitor and ensure KPIs and minimum standards within the company policy document are being met.
- Onboarding of new business.
- Pre-end of month checks to ensure quality control of statements being issued to Landlords.
- Monthly Audit and Report to Licensee on Property Management KPIs and auditing requirements, making sure data is clean and archiving being done each month.
- Problem solving/conflict resolution where necessary ensuring junior team members are engaged in the process so they can learn how to handle situations as they arise.
- Ensure Court Preparation is done correctly and attend court with Property Manager to assist if necessary and provide support.
- Pro-active contact with Landlords on a regular basis to offer services such as Landlord Insurance, Barclay Subscriptions etc.
- Ensure Policies and Procedures are updated as necessary with regards to changes in legislation, improvement of workflow/procedures.
- Supervision/instruction where necessary of offshore and remote Property Management Staff.
- Assist Property Management Team where required.
- Maintain CPD and Registration/License Register for Property Management Team.
- Training Plan for Property Management Team.
- Monthly one on one with Property Managers and Property Management support staff
Our Client offers an outstanding salary of $110k + super + car (or car allowance) and including subsidised accommodation, plus relocation costs (to be negotiated).
In the first instance, please send your C.V. in the STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE in a word.doc format to Julie Della, Managing Director.
“We Speak Your Language”