About This Position
Reporting to the National Accountant, the position has responsibility for the effective day-to-day operations and workflow of the finance and administration team in addition to accurate and timely reporting on branch performance. The position is charged with ensuring that appropriate financial practices and procedures are applied to transactions across the branch and for providing support to the National Accountant and General Manager – WA and other stakeholders on financial matters concerning the branch.
This position would be perfect for an Assistant Accountant wanting to step up to the next level. Our Client can offer further career growth in the future to the role of State Accountant.
Our client is one of the largest private companies and has holdings in excess of $1.1 billion.
- Compilation of Monthly Financial Statements including the formulation and Preparation of Annual Budget reviews – monitor actual result against budget commitments.
- Preparation of Monthly and Yearly Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Ensure all month end procedures, including adjusting journals and general ledger reconciliations are undertaken accurately and on time.
- Authorise and code internal documents (i.e., cheque requisitions, credit notes and creditor invoices).
- Ensure compliance to all financial statutory and legislative requirements for the organization and conduct all activities within the highest level of ethical standards.
- Administer the preparation and prompt dispatch of creditor invoices for payment.
- Ensure tax invoice complies with ATO requirements.
- Develop strong working relationships with other members of the WA team and key functional managers.
- Provide sound direction and counsel.
- Participate (where required) in the review of individual performance for each team member.
- Provide support as needed to department and branch managers in clarification of revenue and expense matters.
- Ensure high standards of ethical and moral conduct are maintained in financial and general business practice.
- Monitor work flows to ensure high levels of productivity and adjust workload imbalances to share resources effectively.
- Provide or facilitate training as required.
- Produce and participate in the end of month timetable.
- Manage payroll function, ensuring that appropriate taxation, payroll, and superannuation practices are communicated, understood, and adhered to by payroll personnel.
- Provide day to day leadership and direction on all ‘back office’ functions to accounts, payroll and clerical staff.
- Create positive working relationships with other team members in the branch ensuring optimal revenue and expense goals are achieved.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Reports to external customers.
- Preparation of Monthly Internal Management Reports (i.e., GOS Reports).
- Review historical data and provide analysis on performance.
- Ensure that the General Manager – WA is equipped with appropriate information to be able to report and make decisions on the performance of the division.
- Conduct regular reviews on revenue generation, cost control and general expenditure issues.
- Ensure compliance with our clients Corporate Policy and Legislative requirements in all areas of financial and administrative systems, procedures, and reporting.
- Production and distribution of forecasts and budgets.
- Confirm the accuracy of reported financial results.
- Provide advice and input on the quality and value of current reporting and processing systems.
- Provide advice and input on process improvement or profit maximization opportunities to achieve greater efficiency with the National Accounting team.
- Adhere to and role model the Company values & policies at all times.
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and others, and report hazards and incidents.
- Set objectives for team in line with yearly PDR process.
- Provide support and guidance to team members, focus on their development, and engage them in their roles through effective communication and meaningful work.
- Identify and support training opportunities, both internal and external.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with Company policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Foster a culture of compliance through leadership and setting positive examples for staff.
- Escalate any issues of risk to your manager.
- Complete any other reasonable directives as given by your Manager accordingly.
We are seeking the following attributes:
- Business focused with a strategic mindset and displays financial acumen and can mange complexity and ensures quality decisions.
- Customer focused that can identify customer opportunities and gain customer insights, improves customer experience.
- People focused – develops relationships, communicates effectively, and manages conflict.
- You will demonstrate excellent time management skills, promote teamwork and collaboration, and inspires other to perform.
- You are a results focused and action oriented professional who is resourceful and drives results and ensures accountability.
- The ability to implement change management by “thinking outside the box”, drive innovation and change.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a financial / accounting position is highly preferable.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationship with people at different levels.
- Outstanding organizational skills and able to manage conflicting priorities and work well with deadlines.
- Sound understanding of principles of team leadership, with emphasis on consultation and strong channels of communication.
- Ability to work autonomously, self-directed learning, problem solving and researching of system issues.
- Positive and resilient attitude who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting/Business is ESSENTIAL.
- CPA or CA qualifications is essential.
A commencing salary of $75k - $80k + super + parking will be offered to the successful candidate. This is fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to advance their career with a well respected organisation.
In the first instance, please send your C.V. in the STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE in a word.doc format to Julie Della, Managing Director.
“We Speak Your Language”