About This Position
This is a fantastic opportunity for a couple who have had previous experience in managing a caravan park, hostel, small motel, or a Bed & Breakfast.
The role is responsible for the delivery of culturally appropriate high-quality on-site management/caretaking services at a small Short Stay Accommodation Facility for Aboriginal People located approximately 5kms from the Perth CBD.
Duties will include:
- Ensure all units in the complex are always clean and ready for occupation.
- Greet occupants on arrival and show through unit and go through signup process.
- Ensure the safety and security of the complex and its Occupants.
- Ensure the grounds of the complex are kept clean and free of rubbish.
- Conduct minor repairs as required.
- Mow lawns and ensure garden area is neat and tidy.
- Routine cleaning of units and arranging for linen to be laundered.
- Pressure clean communal areas on a daily basis.
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as cleaning and maintenance companies
- General day to day housekeeping duties such as replenish toilet rolls, soap, dishwashing liquid, towels, and tea towels, change linen, make beds, remove rubbish from apartments. Please note: This is not a daily requirement, it will depend on the length of stay, however it is anticipated this would be undertaken every 3rd day and on vacate ready for the next occupant.
Applicants must possess the following:
- Current driver’s license.
- Reliable Motor vehicle.
- Be prepared to complete a full medical check (at the expense of the client).
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate.
- Hold a current National Police Clearance.
- Hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Fit and healthy – able to go up and down stairs (over two levels).
- Ability to deal with conflict.
- An understanding of Aboriginal Culture would be desirable otherwise or the willingness to undertake Cultural Training.
- A “People” person who can communicate effectively whilst still having empathy.
- Well presented and spoken, able to relate to people at all levels.
- Attention to detail regarding OH&S, cleanliness of the grounds, common areas and ensuring furniture and fittings are maintained to a high level.
- Computer literate.
- Able to work autonomously and prioritise their day.
- Able to work as part of a small team of dedicated support staff.
- Problem solver, lateral thinker.
- Strong customer service skills.
What is on offer:
- 2 bedroom x 2 bathroom apartment fully equipped Unit. This is located on the 2nd floor of the complex. No Pets.
- 2nd Bedroom is for use as Caretaker Office.
- Secure Parking for one vehicle only.
- All utilities paid, including WIFI.
- Mobile Phone and Computer provided (for work use only)
- 6 weeks annual leave (must be taken off-site)
- Access to the Executive Management Team 24/7 in case of an emergency.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this role.
A full job description will be offered to shortlisted Candidates at interview with our Clients.
In the first instance, please send your C.V. in the STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE in a word.doc format to Julie Della, Managing Director.
“We Speak Your Language”